Open, working farm and ranchland…connected wildlife corridors…intact natural systems…and strong land conservation organizations to help protect them. These are visions that motivate my consulting work. I am a planning consultant with particular expertise in the conservation of open and working land in the west. My services to conservation organizations and agencies include:
- Conducting guided organizational assessments and helping land trusts become accredited.
- Preparing strategic land conservation plans.
- Writing management plans for open and working landscapes.
- Facilitating strategic planning processes.
- Researching landscape change, particularly as background for local open-space protection initiatives.
- Consulting on the implementation of greenways and other connected open-space systems.
My open-space book, MetroGreen, examines how open space networks have been implemented in 10 U.S. and Canadian cities.